My first Wordle

Wordle: Thougts about Geometry

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tool #10

I have an I-Phone so I have actually "played" with many apps on it. I love the Soduku app as it is great for students to use for developing their analytical thinking skills. I like the idea of the puzzle app of Free Fling. Puzzles are actually very good for exercising the brain and honing your problem solving skills. If I had I-Touches in my classroom, I would be sure to have a few of these free apps on them to allow the kids to play or use the apps esp. since they would be approved by me. We know they are going to want to play on them so why not have games we approve of that may actually benefit them.
The Soduku app. was fun and I always find it challenging and using a touch screen is great instead of erasing everytime you need to change an entry. There are so many more that are free, like Tic Tac Toe and I play that quite a bit with my kids. I also play Words with Friends that is a Scrabble-like game that can be played with another person who also has the app on his I-phone or I-touch. I am sure that there are even more that allow our students to play them but help increase their analytical skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment