My first Wordle

Wordle: Thougts about Geometry

Monday, August 2, 2010

Tool #6

Wikis.....
I love Wikis. I set up one this last year with encouragement from a colleague. I created it for my Geometry students as a place for us to discuss topics and solutions to problems. It is a great place for students and colleagues to discuss things in an open forum and have access to it wherever you go. The only thing I find difficult is to find the time to go and read the posts and find a way to use the posts for some of kind credit (extra, etc.). I just need to find a way to put my Wiki into practice more and find its purpose in my classroom so that it is meaningful.This is a great way for my students to collaborate with their classmates from their class and in my other classes.
I have also used Wikis for discussion in a cohort I am in. It works well and is easy to do. They can be very useful and I love how you can read others thoughts and also post your comments. These are already being used in our district and I can see their continual use.

No comments:

Post a Comment