My first Wordle

Wordle: Thougts about Geometry

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tool #11

1.The three things that I would stress or teach to my students would be to 1) make sure what you are using from the internet is authentic and document it if it is not yours; 2) show my students how to research for ideas or topics using deep web resources and other sources such as book and not just things from the internet and then 3) how to not just use the first source you find but to search many sites or sources and know how to validate them.

2. I would probably like to approach teaching "digital citizenship" through a group presentation in my house in the upper school. Perhaps using Screencast or even making a video presented by the teachers in our grade level to make sure we are all in agreement about what is expected as they research in all of our classes. This way they would know what to expect from all of their teachers. I would also model and discuss the 3 things I mentioned earlier and show them a step-by-step process for researching as reinforcement. Authentication and validation cannot be emphasized enough in today's classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment