My first Wordle

Wordle: Thougts about Geometry

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tool #9

1. I love the idea of using shots of several screens to make a video, through Screencast. It would be a great way to teach a lesson or most lessons without having to repeat myself so many times and this would also be available on my bog for any student who may have been absent or may need to see the lesson again. This would be a great re-teach tool!
2. Skype is a very cool way to communicate with people. I could see my students in my class using Skype to talk to students in another class. Perhaps to go over a topic/concept. Of course, Skype would be great for me and my students so that when I am away from them we can communicate. I would not want to be able to do this all the time as I do want to have some down time from school but it might be a great tool. I would love for my students to each have Skype accounts so that they can talk to each other and help each other with homework or studying for a test. This would really help in peer tutoring. I think this would be difficult for a lot of my students because many of them do not have computers or computers with a camera and microphone, but it would be very cool!!!
I would also love to use Skype to talk with other students across the state, nation, or world possibly when we know another class is on the same topic. Can you imagine the possibilities and the teaching moments out there??

No comments:

Post a Comment