My first Wordle

Wordle: Thougts about Geometry

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tool #11-Reflections

1. One of my favorite tools is the Wiki. I would love to have a question or problem posted monthly on my Wiki that is up for discussion. I would offer extra-credit for multiple posts that were well thought out and relevant to the topic or problem. I want to see my students share their ideas with me and with each other, even across classes. I would also like to see my students use Digital Storytelling or I-Movie to present a project or activity. I really want to see how creative my students can be and how well they can plan out a project and put it in a digital format and then share it with others through TeacherTube or School Tube.
2. I have changed my mind about some of the "tools" that are out there. There can be a place for some of these even in a math class. And I know my students already know how to use many of these it is just up to me to find a appropriate and meaningful use for them in my classroom. Many of these tools will enhance their learning and possibly make my class more fun and more like a class of the future!
3. I was not too surprised about any of these tools as I knew of many of these or have heard of them. There is so much out there but so much I have not explored so that was fun to get to do that. Now I feel like I might be a little closer to what my students already know how to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment